Christmas is coming fast this year and there are always gifts to buy for that special someone. Wouldn’t it be a great idea to skip Amazon.com, the Conway outlets or the Maine Mall and buy a wonderful present from a Lovell merchant that I’m sure would make the recipient very happy?
Here are some local options:
* Buy a quilt or some cloth from Martha at Rocky Ridge Quilters. Martha also offers lessons for beginners. 207-925-3088.
* Lots to choose from at the Harvest Gold Gallery in Center Lovell. Custom designed earrings, bracelets, necklaces, rings and more. Inside their large gallery is a wide variety of American-made art work (much of it local) that will brighten every home. Bill and Lynda can be reached at 207-925-6502.
* Who doesn’t love having breakfast, lunch or dinner at Rosie’s Lovell Village Store? It is the perfect place to catch up with what is happening around town. Gift certificates are always available. Call Rosie at 207-925-1255 or stop in.
* Get GREAT BUYS at Center Lovell’s two Antique Stores. Although winter hours are by chance and/or appointment both owners would be happy to meet you at your convenience. The Wonder Store is owned by Peter Worrall and he can be reached at 207-925-1252. Bill Doyle, owner of Doyle’s Antiques, can be reached at his store 207-925-1279 or at home, 207-925-3233.
* How about a gift certificate to Ebenezer’s Pub? During winter, it is an easy snowmobile ride to their front door. The Pub’s phone number is 207-925-3200.
* Next summer, surprise your family with a Kezar Lake vacation!. Check out all the fine camp rentals at Kezar Realty. Jeanne Bonner can help you find what is perfect for your budget and family. 207-925-1500.
Still can’t figure out what to give to someone who has everything? How about a gift in their name to some of our local organizations? The Charlotte Hobbs Memorial Library, Lovell Historical Society, Brick Church for the Performing Arts, Greater Lovell Land Trust, Kezar Lake Watershed Association, Lovell’s United Church of Christ or Lovell Friends Helping Friends (winter fuel assistance for the needy)!
MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY HOLIDAYS!